Kimpton's Breakfast Club provides a safe, friendly and stimulating environment, where children are encouraged to relax and enjoy breakfast and the activities provided. We are very fortunate to have our own school staff running our Breakfast club and so children are familiar with the adults and feel safe and secure, starting their day in a positive, friendly and welcoming environment.
Meet our Breakfast Club staff team:
Mrs. Carol Wood
|Mrs Amanda Palmer||Mrs Sarah Kilby|
The Daily Routine
Children are offered a variety of cereals, toast with different toppings, fruit and occasional ‘specials’ e.g.:- crumpets and a choice of orange or apple juice or milk to drink.
Our staff are skilled and trained to encourage safe, active play. They are all members of staff from the Primary School and so know the children well.
After eating breakfast the children are able to choose from numerous activities varying from quiet reading to playing table tennis or, weather permitting, an outdoor activity.
If you are interested in your child attending the breakfast club and would like to register your child for the first time, please complete the following registration form:
All booking arrangements and breakfast club guidelines and information can be found here:
Our Breakfast Club Policy
We welcome all children in accordance with the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy, ensuring that all children follow the same core skills as they do during the school day: Care, Courtesy and Cooperation.
To enable all children to have fun safely, good behaviour is essential. The club will encourage children to behave responsibly and to respect both staff and each other. Children are expected to respond to requests from staff. Repeated disobedience and/or persistent anti-social behaviour could disrupt the club. Consequently, the club reserves the right to terminate membership.
Operating Times and Charges
The Breakfast club is open every school day, Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 8.45am. Children are escorted to their classrooms ready to start their school day.
Breakfast club is held in the school dining room and each session costs £4.50. All payments for sessions attended need to be made in advance or on the day. This can be carried out on The School Gateway or directly at the school office. You are welcome to sign your child up for individual sessions on a regular or occasional arrangement.
We are happy to welcome visitors, by arrangement, so that they can see the club for themselves.
Terms and Conditions
- Children must only enter breakfast club through the school front entrance.
- For safeguarding purposes, we ask that you say goodbye to your child at the door rather than accompanying them through the school.
- Parents should not use the school car park to drop off in the morning - it is very small and as you can imagine, it's a busy time of day.
- Fees should be paid either in advance or on the day and are payable even if your child does not attend for any reason.
- Only children who have completed and returned registration forms will be able to attend. Forms are available from the school office.
- Children must sign in on arrival and have their breakfast.
- Children should not arrive before 8:00am.
- Children wanting breakfast should arrive by 8:20am.
Please Note that to ensure the children’s safety:
- All our staff have enhanced DBS checks in place to ensure their suitability to work with children.
- There is always a trained first aider available.
- All staff hold a food hygiene certificate.
- The premises and equipment have passed inspection.
- Children are signed in upon arrival and will only be permitted to leave at the start of the school day.