Our Vision and Aims
At Kimpton Primary School we strongly believe in a growth mindset – for all learners to have a positive approach to learning and know that this has no limits. We wish to instil in our pupils the confidence to embrace life and learning; to enable each individual child to realise his or her full potential; and to ensure that school life is happy and stimulating.
To realise this vision we aim to provide a school:
- that offers an irresistible invitation to learning
- where learning is an exciting adventure
- where all learners make outstanding progress
- that sets no limits on learning
- where learning is a preparation for life
Enjoying our learning journey, travelling forward together
‘Each pupil is known as an individual. This enables the school to provide each with the right sort of challenge and support.’ Ofsted, October 2013
Our Core Values:
Care: We take care of each other, ourselves and our environment.
Courtesy: We are courteous in the way we speak with and act towards each other.
Co-operation: We work together and support each other.
Our Strategy: To plan and implement short, medium and long-term goals which ensure that:
- All pupils are making good or outstanding progress.
- All teaching is good or outstanding through consistent approaches to planning and assessment and establishing a clear, shared philosophy of learning.
- Behaviour in school is outstanding and all pupils feel safe and valued.
- Leadership and management of the school, including governors, work together to build a team that is sharply focused on achieving high standards for all pupils within a motivating and innovative learning environment.
Our Behaviours: We aim to behave in a way which:
- Creates a safe, fun and challenging learning environment.
- Values diversity and promotes equality.
- Provide development opportunities for all.
- Models and encourages Care, Courtesy and Co-operation for all.