General Data Protection Regulation
Kimpton Primary School is GDPR compliant . By this statement we are seeking to inform employees, pupils, parents, business partners and suppliers of our commitment to good data protection practice and ongoing GDPR compliance.
What is GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became effective on 25 May 2018. The GDPR has brought considerable changes to data protection law both in the UK and across the European Economic Area.
Kimpton Primary School has always sought to ensure compliance with data protection law and these practices have helped us immensely in GDPR compliance. We undertake an audit of all our data to ensure its compliance with GDPR on a termly basis and as part of this check we ensure that we have:
- A registered Data Protection Officer
- Embedded GDPR requirements into policies and day-to-day activities.
- Implemented technical measures to ensure GDPR compliance.
- Documented and recorded compliance measures.
- Scheduled comprehensive regular training for GDPR compliance.
Please see our Privacy Notices for pupils and parents as well as any of our policies which link closely to GDPR.
GDPR is central to our day-to-day culture. We already highly value and protect all of our pupil, parent and workforce data and will continue to do so in the presence of GDPR.