Kimpton's Breakfast Club provides a safe, friendly and stimulating environment, where children are encouraged to relax and enjoy breakfast and the activities provided. The Breakfast Club is managed by Mrs Dollin - we are very fortunate to have our own school staff running the club, meaning children are familiar with the adults and feel safe and secure, starting their day in a positive, friendly and welcoming environment.
Operating Times and Charges
The Breakfast Club is open every school day, Monday – Friday from 7:45am to 8.45am. At the end of the session, children are escorted to their classrooms ready to start their school day.
Breakfast club is held in the school dining room and each session costs £5.50. All payments for sessions attended need to be made in advance on Arbor. You are welcome to sign your child up for individual sessions on a regular or occasional arrangement.
The Daily Routine
Children are offered a variety of cereals, toast with different toppings, fruit and occasional ‘specials’ e.g.:- crumpets and a choice of orange or apple juice or milk to drink.
Our staff are skilled and trained to encourage safe, active play. They are all members of staff from the Primary School and so know the children well.
After eating breakfast the children are able to choose from numerous activities varying from quiet reading to playing table tennis or, weather permitting, an outdoor activity.
If you are interested in your child attending the breakfast club and would like to register your child for the first time, please complete the following registration form:
Our Breakfast Club Policy
We welcome all children, ensuring that all children our core values of Care, Courtesy and Cooperation.
To ensure the children’s safety:
- All our staff have enhanced DBS checks in place to ensure their suitability to work with children.
- There is always a trained paediatric first aider available.
- All staff hold a food hygiene certificate.
- The premises and equipment have passed inspection.
- Children are signed in upon arrival and will only be permitted to leave at the start of the school day.
To enable all children to have fun safely, good behaviour is essential. The club will encourage children to behave responsibly and to respect both staff and each other. Children are expected to comply with requests from staff. Repeated disobedience and/or persistent anti-social behaviour could disrupt the club. Consequently, the club reserves the right to terminate membership.
Breakfast Club Registration
Terms and Conditions
- Only children who have completed and returned registration forms will be able to attend. Forms are available from the school office.
- Fees are payable in advance and are non-refundable even if your child does not attend for any reason other than illness.
- Parents must not use the school car park to drop off in the morning - the car park is small and you are likely to be depriving a staff member of somewhere to park when they arrive for work
- Children should not arrive before 7:45am.
- Children must only enter breakfast club through the school front entrance. For safeguarding purposes, we ask that you say goodbye to your child at the door rather than accompanying them through the school.
- Children requiring breakfast should arrive by 8:15am at the latest.