Our Pupil Parliament are an important part of our school leadership. Their election and collective decision making throughout the year also uphold two of our British Values: democracy and the rule of law.
At the beginning of the academic year, all children are invited to apply for the role of Class Ambassador, with hustings held in a variety of ways to reflect children's age and understanding of the process. Each year group then elect two Ambassadors to collect and represent the class's shared views around a wide variety of school issues.
Things Pupil Parliament have helped us with recently have included:
- choosing new play equipment for the key stage 2 playground
- shortlisting suggestions for our new hub group names
- feeding back to our catering staff the children's meal preferences, and ways to reduce food waste
- interviewing prospective members of staff
- showing visitors and prospective parents around our school